Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last, But Not Least––A Brushstroke Gradient

The last challenge for the Crumpet's New 31 Day/Slow Nail Art Challenge was "Recreate someone else's mani from earlier in the challenge." The Merge or Melt was the challenge I had the hardest time choosing a look for, so I Googled others' looks for that one and finally settled on a brushstroke gradient. I saw one somewhere done in blues and white with many little strokes from a small nail art detail brush, but I can't for the life of me find it now, so I went with a fan brush ala Superficially Colorful's beautiful rainbow nails. I stuck to a monochromatic theme for my nails, and did it vertically. I think this was better for my shorter nails as well as easier with my deep nail folds. It was still a bit of a booger to work with!


I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac, then a couple of fan brush strokes of SH Insta-Dri Vigorous Violet, and finally a couple of Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Disturbia. As you can see, my topcoat smeared the Vigorous Violet on my pinky. Oh well. This wasn't the most difficult nail art technique by far, but neither was it effortless for my lazy self! I think if I try it again, I'll go with the little strokes and a detail brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment