Monday, October 22, 2012

Redwall!!!

My little man requested for his 12th birthday that I stick to just one color of polish with no embellishments, and that he get to pick the color. Boy, was I surprised when he picked hot pink, and then wanted holo top coat on it! I weaseled my way into at least doing an accent nail, so since his party theme was the Redwall books by Brian Jacques, I tried to make Martin's sword.

I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Twisted Pink, topped with a holo top coat from Pretty Polish I got off eBay. I drew the sword with silver and black Sharpies and added a red jewel from Born Pretty to the pommel (which is too short, but oh well).


natural light

flash

I told my bud that after his bday, all bets were off on the "one color only", and I decided to try freehand French tips with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Black Heart. Not bad for my first try freehanding the tips, I think.  This shot was also taken with a flash, obviously, since it's a little washed out. I discovered that painting tips on top of a top coat gives me edge wear too darn quickly, so I don't think extending a mani's wear time with French tips is going to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment