Thursday, April 18, 2013

My First Feather Mani

Challenge day 17 says "a new technique to you"...I'm far from a grammar expert, but wouldn't "a technique new to you" sound better? Hmmm.

Anywho, I decided to try a feather manicure. Thank you, my 10 sweet chickens, for dropping some really pretty feathers for Mom (me) to use! My base color here is a franken I call "The Rain Kept Falling in Love", because my oldest and I are sort of on a mission to name as many of my frankens as possible based on 77s songs. I followed The Nailasaurus' tutorial here for the real feathers, and then stamped the feather image from Mash 29 using Orly Buried Alive.


I think I liked my right hand the best! This technique was a lot easier than I thought it would be, and I was happy that the blue base contrasted with/complemented the feathers so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment