Sunday, April 28, 2013

Texture, Schmexture

I am not a big fan of texture. At all. As in, alfalfa sprouts feel like hair in my mouth, and waffle-weave shirts give me hives. Literally. So, I was not so excited to see that Day 20 of The Crumpet's New 31 Day Nail Art Challenge was...texture.

I actually love the look of all those new textured polishes out there: Milani, and OPI, Zoya and Nails Inc...just not on my nails. I think I would go abso-frickin-lutely mad having to feel that on my nails. So, the closest I could bear to get was this:

I haven't used China Glaze Fly at all, I think, so it's the base color here, topped with one coat of Ninja Polish Floam. I matted it with NYC Matte Me Crazy; I should have gone for a second coat, because just one and the polish still has a bit of sheen. Sorry 'bout the tip wear; I'd had this on for two days before I remembered to take the pic.

After that, I used Sinful Colors Aquamarine for a perfectly-matched-to-the-glitter funky French mani, and after another day, was tired of the matte/glossy contrast look and added glossy topcoat to the whole shebang. Have pics somewhere; can't get to them because our iMac died! (sniff...) Waiting for hubby to get the new MacBook Pro up and running so I can find all the pics Eye-Fi has been hoarding for me, then I'll add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment