Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Can you see my nails?

Credit goes to my spousal unit for the title of this post! I was intimidated by doing camo nails for Day 4: Green Nails. But I found a really good YouTube video to help me along, and I loved her twist with the safety orange accent nails!  Here's the vid:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn04ZhQ0lg8

Here are the polishes I used: China Glaze Starboard, NYC Flat Iron Green, Sinful Colors Nirvana, Loréal Walk on the Beach, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Black Heart, China Glaze Japanese Koi, and NYC Matte Me Crazy.


I freehanded the camo pattern with a homemade dotter (ball-ended straight pin stuck in a pencil's eraser end!) over Starboard as my base color. I planned to use Walk on the Beach as my lighter brown, but it was way too light, so I ended up mixing a dot or two at a time with Nirvana at about 50/50. I was really pleased with the results!

sunlight

indoor w/ flash

No comments:

Post a Comment