Thursday, November 22, 2012

Purple Pinkies...in more ways than one!


OK, so it's really just two ways: pinky fingers and sort of pinky-purple polishes. Honestly, these are listed as purples, and I was surprised to find that layering Wet 'n' Wild Hannah Pinktana over Sinful Colors Purple Diamond actually made it more purple than it was before, not more pink. This was a good thing, because on me, at least, Purple Diamond looked pale pink. And China Glaze lists Flying Dragon as neon purple. Eh...maybe, sorta.  Whatevs. 

This is what I got for Day 6: Violet Nails: two coats of Purple Diamond, one coat of Hannah Pinktana, stamped with Flying Dragon using BM-320.  Can't find the pic taken with a flash. Oh well, it was crappy anyway.

sunlight

thumb, double stamped 

Sinful Colors Purple Diamond, Wet 'n' Wild Hannah Pinktana, China Glaze Flying Dragon
 See, they look PURPLE/VIOLET here!

Couple more blathering thoughts: I take photos of my left hand more often, not because I'm cheating and not doing my right, or b/c I suck so bad that I won't show my right hand mani. It's because I get this ugly patch of eczema on my right index finger every. flippin'. autumn/winter. Not nice to look at, certainly not in macro shots. So, not so many pics of my right hand floating around out there. Second blather: maybe it's because I'm FAT, I don't know, but although I LOVE my full-nail stamp images, I have a hard time getting the images all the way to the cuticle, and more so getting them all the way to both nail folds on each finger. I don't know if I've always had deep nail folds (having only taken up nail art 6 or so months ago), or if it comes with the territory here in Chubbo-land, like crappy curtains in a single-wide in South Congaree...but, there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment