Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Metallic, Magnetic Snowflakes

So, skipping back one day in the 31 Day Challenge, here is Day 8: Metallic Nails. I used China Glaze Magnetix in Pull Me Close with their magnet pattern of diagonal stripes as my base color. Not only is the blue sort of metallic-looking, but magnetic polishes have teeny iron filings, ergo they're full of metal! Duh. So, anyway, then I stamped over the pattern, which I chose to represent a cold wind blowing, with the full-nail snowflake image from BM-323 using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep. This polish has got to be one of the best inexpensive polishes in America for stamping! I added just a couple silver hex glitter pieces from Born Pretty with nail glue, one on the biggest flake in the pattern and a couple just randomly placed on each nail.

One of these days, I'm going to get the hang of flash close-ups of my nails...I hope.

Outdoor lighting, a little better than usual b/c I actually busted out the tripod. (You go, lazy girl!)

I love snow, and I really liked this mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment