Friday, November 2, 2012

Recovery From Failure

Um, maybe. Really, I need to take pics of my failed manicures, for no other reason than to give myself a good laugh. For Day 2: Orange Nails, my oldest daughter wanted me to finally use the faux dried flowers I got from the BornPretty Store. I, on the other hand, was hoping to achieve a verdigris look by stamping with this image from BM-301:
 Blurry, but whatever.

"Ooh", I thought, "feminine and floral with accent nails of edginess!" Uh, wrong. (And dangit again! Why don't I take pictures of the crappy manis?) What happened was that after a base color of Pure Ice Hot Tamale (which my oldest, Olivia, gave me for Mother's Day ), I stamped the crackly-looking image with a homemade mixture of Konad Special Blue and Special Yellow..."homemade" special green! (I can franken successfully as long as it doesn't involve glitter.) My ring fingers and thumbs ended up looking muddy and brownish.  Not so pretty in combo with the shimmery orange with teal flowers.  So, this a.m. I removed the stamped ones (dangit, double dangit for not thinking to take pics!) and did accent nails with Sinful Colors Kissy (so beautiful, I want to eat it!).  Ahh, much better. Trust me.


Natural light

Flash (No idea why clean-up around my ring finger looks so bad in this one. It looks fine above and in RL.)

No comments:

Post a Comment