Thursday, March 21, 2013

Duochromes, Flakies, and Holos...Oh My!

Day 8 of the Slow Challenge was Duochrome, Flakie, or Holo. I managed to get an unused franken, a duochrome, and a flakie all in! Adding a holo topcoat was a thought, but there is such a thing as too much bling!

I started with basecoat and two coats of Vintage Rose, a franken I made from goodness only knows what. I added one coat of Sinful Colors You Just Wait, which changes from sheerest peach to gold to pale green depending on the angle/lighting. Then a coat of China Glaze Luxe and Lush flakie and three coats of topcoat. Even then I had a few flakies that kept wanting to snag at the sides of my nails.

 These were so difficult to capture! I noticed the duochrome changed the color of Vintage Rose from a very deep rose to more of a dark terra cotta. The pic above is the peachy tone, below is the gold.

I ended up having to move indoors (and most of the time I can't be bothered with trying to photograph my nails in indoor light) to catch the shift to green.

I did end up adding a holo topcoat the day before I took these, but since I'm fairy useless at those amazing photos of holos that other people get, it wasn't worth it to get a pic. I really enjoyed these!

No comments:

Post a Comment