Monday, March 25, 2013

Frankening Fever

I've probably got upwards of 200 polishes now, which is a drop in the bucket compared to many of the well-known nail bloggers. And although I drool over every new permutation of every color in the spectrum, I know that there is neither room in my house nor time in my schedule to do justice to oodles of polishes.

What I've really been drawn to the last few months has been...INDIES! There are so many brilliant women out there creating unique and drop-your-jaw beautiful glitter bombs, bright holos, and jelly-sammies-in-a-bottle, but I just can't afford most of them.

I finally squirreled away enough allowance to get some suspension base, empty bottles, and a few solvent-resistant glitters from TKB Trading. Ever since, I've been frankening faster than I can use what I make! I don't have swatches/manis for these two polishes yet, but I was so excited about them!

The first was inspired by a mani I saw (cannot find it again anywhere—if it was yours, kudos!) with an orange/fuchsia/violet gradient stamped with silver paisley. Then I felt a compulsion to make a companion polish in cool colors to complement the warmth of the first. So, here they are: So Sari and I'm Sari, 2!


These are both jelly sandwich polishes, but the jellies are iridescent/duochromes. I'm in love with my own handiwork, I must say. (Insert sheepish grin.)

No comments:

Post a Comment