Friday, March 22, 2013

Geometric Nails

I was looking forward to Day 10: Geometric, because I tend to gravitate toward more organic shapes and don't utilize all the great techniques for creating geometric patterns on nails. I contemplated some form of tape mani, but since that's actually the next challenge and I haven't had much experience with tape manis, I went with some simple stamping. I've known since I brought OPI Ski Teal We Drop home from Hilton Head that I wanted to use it for this day's challenge, paired with silver squares/rectangles.

This past summer, my oldest showed avid interest in my nail art hobby just long enough to convince me to start her a small collection of polishes, whereupon she gave up quickly and I inherited her teeny stash. This was my first time using Wet 'n' Wild FastDry Silvivor from that stash; I could tell from the bottle it was more glittery than my solidly chrome Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Silver Sweep. When I stamped with it, the result came across as more grainy looking than Silver Sweep; not necessarily a bad thing, just different.


The deep teal of STWD was difficult to capture with my camera, but I think these shots pretty accurately show it. I really like it paired with the jumbled rectangles and squares of BM-320. I must have ginormous thumbnail beds, though, because you can see below that the full nail images don't quite reach the edges of my thumbnails. Still and all, I'm in love with stamping and the not-quite-complete thumb stamping is only really obvious when I slap a macro shot on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment