Friday, March 15, 2013

Ballet Pink Nails

I actually did these back in February! I had a week of insane busyness getting ready for a week at Hilton Head (the beach in winter is the BEST!), then a week of vacation, then I have been desperately trying to get things back in order around the house since we got home five days ago! Someone please explain to me how four changes of clothes for six people equals six loads of laundry at the beach AND a behemoth-sized mound of laundry still to do when we got home. Anyway, that's why I haven't posted in a while, so on to the nails...

Day 4 of the Crumpet's Slow Challenge (even s-l-o-w-e-r here) calls for pink. I'm not much for pink, but it's better than gold! I know a lot of reviewers call Orly Decades of Dysfunction creamy off-white or some such, but my bottle leans very much toward pink. A pale, porcelain pink, but pink nonetheless. It reminds me of ballet slippers, tights, and leotards.


I wanted to also use a glitter that I hadn't used in a while, so I chose Pure Ice Spit Fire, a beautiful mix of tiny pale metallic pink and holo glitters. After that coat I was really feeling the ballet costume vibe, so I took a chance and stamped a crosshatch pattern from BM-315 using a frankened light pink metallic polish I cheesily named Pink Porsche.  It showed up better than I thought it would, completing the idea in my head of a sheer, glittery ballet tutu over tights. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment