Friday, February 22, 2013

I will survive having gold nails!

Ah, no, I'm not a big fan of gold. Not in jewelry, not on my fingers. For Day 3: Gold, I was tempted to pick a fave color base and use gold as the stamping polish or glitter or whatnot, but in the spirit of sticking to untrieds/frankens/hardly used polishes, I decided to go for a base of China Glaze Rare & Radient. I get the flashes of green in this duochrome, but I mostly see the old gold color. I discovered two things about this polish: 1) It applies SO much better than Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold (which drags big time), and 2) other bloggers are not kidding when they say it's "brushstrokey". I need to remember that for future wear, because I will definitely try wrapping my tips BEFORE I paint each nail, rather than after, because the blackish undertone of this polish seems to make the wrapping of my nail tips show up glaringly. (The dark spot on my pinky is just a shadow.)
I stamped the rose full-nail image from BM-323 with Nina Ultra Pro Brandywine. God alone knows how old this polish is! I've had it for about 5 years; it came in a cardboard box full of polishes my hubby's aunt bought off someone at the flea market! Works like a dream, though it's so old and I hardly ever use it.

I'm keeping these dadgum gold nails on for three whole days! Two is about the max I can stand for colors/manis I don't particularly like, but if I hold off until tomorrow night to redo, I'll have a nice, fresh mani for church on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment