Friday, February 15, 2013

Brushstroke Art

Holy Moses on a motorbike!! I am so far behind; I've got about two weeks' worth of finger(nail)painting to document. Agh!

I was totally intimidated by Day 27: Inspired by Artwork at first. All these gorgeous posts of nails painted like Starry Night and The Scream... but I took my cue from a few others who, like me, must have felt that something more abstract and open to interpretation would be the answer.

Here is what I picked out when I Googled "artwork":

artist: Michel Saloff-Coste

 These were pretty easy to do, and the bonus was that I worked in yellow as my base color. Yellow is my least favorite color, and I like to challenge myself to use it.

Even with something as easily interpreted as abstract art, I still found myself a bit unsatisfied with my final result, but my hubby and kids really liked this one.
This was my first attempt at a brushstroke mani. Sometime I'd like to try a monochromatic one.

No comments:

Post a Comment