Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Black and White and Beautiful All Over

I started a new challenge right away, solo and at my own pace, of course. I thought about a break between challenges, but I think the "rules" help me to branch out from using just my favorite colors all the time. I'm trying to go through this challenge using all untrieds or polishes I've previously only used for nail art or on one nail for a skittle.

The first day is Black and White. I love black polish on my nails; I think it looks elegant rather than goth, especially as a backdrop for some nail art. I've seen all sorts of beautiful art done with the paisley image from BM-315 and have been looking for the perfect opportunity to use it. So, here it is:

I was a little frustrated to see that I didn't aim right on my left thumb; Bundle Monster 2012 full-nail images just barely cover my wide thumbnails when I do get it lined up perfectly. Other than that, I was pretty happy with this. My base colors are Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Black Heart and my one and only OPI, My Boyfriend Scales Walls, which is thin and streaky, but well worth 3 coats because of its tendency to look white without being glaring. I stamped with Konad's black and white stamping polishes. I thought this design was eye-catching yet not obnoxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment