Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fashionab-owl!

Day 25: Inspired by Fashion had me stumped for a bit. I have NEVER had a clue about what's fashionable, and have never cared, either. I Googled "fashion"...and laughed my head off at all the images! Seriously?!?! Someone actually wears those things?

But I do have a least a little bit of an idea what's fashionable in the nail art world. And what seems to be cutesy fashionable on Pinterest. And two of those things are half-moon manis and owls! I saw the gorgeous little owls on Let Them Have Polish, and felt that was fashionable enough for me!

I started with base coat and a coat of Orly French Manicure Deja Vu to brighten my stained nails a bit. I found a rainbow/gradient-ish group of polishes that all had a similar shimmer finish; I was in the mood for cohesiveness! (Is that a word?) From pinky to thumb, I used Sinful Colors Rise and Shine, Pure Ice Free Spirit, SC Cloud 9, Pure Ice Hot Tamale, and SC Under 18. All the little tummies are just the owls' colors mixed with white, the beaks are Orly Buried Alive, and the eyes are Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening (why?!) and SH Hard as Nails Black Heart.

Another mani I'm thoroughly enjoying looking at!

No comments:

Post a Comment