Friday, February 15, 2013

Imitation is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery

Or so they say. For "Inspired by a Tutorial" on Day 30, I chose to attempt the spun sugar look I watched xoxoalexisleigh demonstrate here. I combined this with some Valentine pink hearts, saving the spun sugar for my accent nails becausedang!—it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Looking  back on it, I wish I'd used a second pink rather than the blue; I picked blue because I was originally going to use a frankened jelly-sammy-in-a-bottle for the other nails that contained some blue glitter. Oh well.

My hands look terrible here! That is not actually skads of dry skin clamoring for hand cream; I'd just finished waxing a piece of furniture that I'd painted with DIY chalk paint (this blog has terrific instructions and loads of info on a fabulous technique!) and the wax dried on my hands. I didn't even realize it until I looked at the pic...after I'd taken this polish off and couldn't get a better pic, of course.

My base color is a franken my youngest asked for and named, a bubblegum pink creme with teeny holo glitter called Pink Ocean. (She's precious, but corny.) I stamped over it with China Glaze Fly and BM-317. My accent nail is a beautiful, squishy, unnamed raspberry red jelly from Donna Michelle I scooped up at the dollar store. (I bought it to franken with, but I'm kind of in love with it the way it is.) The strings of polish atop it are Fingerpaints My Art Belongs to You, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and Pure Ice Calypso. As fun as this look is, just doing both my ring fingers was a pain in the tukhus! Stir, stir, stir, stir, stir. Stretch, stretch...you get it. Too little bang for my buck, effort-wise. So, if I EVER feel like wasting that much time for that little result, it will still be accents only!

No comments:

Post a Comment