Friday, February 22, 2013

Glitter Tips

Day 2 of Crumpet's Slow Challenge is silver. I am partial to silver rather than gold. I don't think I've ever tried a glitter tip gradient, and that is what I chose for this day. I started with a base of NYC In a New York Minute Sidewalkers, a light-to-medium grey polish that, to my eyes at least, leans just a teeny bit brown, or maybe it's greenish. Hmmm... I don't use grey polish very often, and I'm never that excited about it...until I put it on! I really like the subtlety of it, although I don't think grey would be a great color for me in, say, clothing.
There are two ways to do a glitter gradient, I think: sponging, or applying three layers of polish. I chose the latter. I used my unnamed silver glitter polish to apply a thin coat from about halfway up my nail down to the tip. When dry, I added a second coat over about 2/3 of that area, then again 1/3 of the way up. This was so simple, and yet so elegant! I love the way the glitter caught the light w/o outshining the base color.



No comments:

Post a Comment