Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Day mani(s)

First up, my littlest's Xmas nails! My Kleancolor metallics and my Silly Lily (awesome!) indies arrived just before Christmas, so Kristiana asked me to cram all of them on her little digits. She was especially excited about the turquoise heart that came out of Silly Lily After the Storm onto her thumb!


And for my Christmas mani, I wanted to use the Wet 'n' Wild Shine Wild Card and Sinful Colors Call You Later that Olivia and Ian got for my birthday. I had squeezed in the polishes from Isabella and Kristiana on my birthday/Christmas mash-up, and I wanted the two big kids not to feel left out. So, a softer look for Christmas:

Here's Wild Card stamped with the squiggly tree image from BM-321 using Kleancolor metallic green in a horrendously overexposed flash pic.

Here's the rest of 'em. I used index and middle accent nails in Call You Later topped with After the Storm. This is outdoor shade, no flash.

And outdoors, sunlight.

Indoors, no flash, indirect sun.

Overall, it was a softer look than I would have preferred for Christmas (and I just love bright colors, anyway), and I think I could have gotten much better contrast for the tree stamps with my frankened special green, but I wanted sparkly trees and the color choices made O and Ian feel good, so it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment