Monday, December 31, 2012

Blue, Blah, and a Bonus

Day 15: Delicate Print was another pre-Christmas mani I forgot to post. Apparently, I felt so crappy that I lost a few days somewhere. (And I'm now trying to conquer what I'm pretty sure is a sinus infection w/o the doctor or antibiotics. TMI, but there you have it.) 

So, what I was trying to achieve was the look of shiny blue wrapping paper with holo silver designs. This blue, btw, is one I frankened by adding ultramarine blue pigment that I use in my soap-making to a bottle of cheap white polish from the dollar store. I named her Madame Blueberry (from the Veggie Tales show!) and I am in love with this color I made! Not so much with my stamping here. I used bday money from my BFF to get some Kleancolor Metallics and the Color Club silver holo Worth the Risque. I'd seen some fab stamping done with silver holo, and hoped for some of that here. So much for that. I stamped with BM-310, using the really delicate cross-hatch design on most of my nails, with its reverse image on my index. The index isn't so bad. The rest? Psshh...so delicate that, combined with the holo effect, it sometimes actually looked like some of the image didn't transfer. But it WAS there! I wore it this way just long enough to record the failure:


My freebie from Different Dimension, Space Camp, came to my rescue! Ah, that's better. I couldn't stop staring at that gorgeous blue combined with all that silver holo glitter!

And, last but not least, when I took that mani off, I got a wild hare to make a polish celebrating my brother's decision to go to Clemson next year! This is an orange jelly with gold hexes and gold bars and purple teeny glitter. I call it "Go Tigers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment