Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Rubber ducky mani with Christmas presents from my kiddos!

My little sweeties are so good to me! For Christmas, they got me four SC polishes, three of which I didn't already have. I assured Isabella that it was OK about Let Me Go, because I'd jacked up the bottle I had with glitter, so it's really a completely different polish now! I'd been wanting Cloud 9 for a while. The kids swear I'd expressed a desire for Under 18, and while I have no recollection of this, I had nothing like this orangey-red in any finish, and it's beautiful. Last, and certainly not least, is Cinderella. I've seen this one around for AGES and (Can you believe it?) turned my nose up at it!!! I had no idea it was so amazing and so coveted. I'd just been seeing a great many posts about it's many wonderful qualities, and then my kiddos decided to get it! Aw, you guys are awesome! And so is Cinderella...


 I wanted to squeeze these all into a mani together, and while it wasn't my best, and I had to mix a few of the colors to get the art to show up well, the kids were thrilled with it! I started with two coats of Cinderella. I hesistated to use up that much, but I wanted to get a feel for how sheer it was, so I didn't layer it over any undies.  I actually love it here at two coats. I'm generally not a fan of VNL, but the sheerness still covered the yellowness of my stained nails while very admirably depicting the translucent quality of bubble bath! I stamped over this with white and Mash-43. Kinda crummy that my nail is halfway in shade, but look at the amazing, ethereal pink and gold glass flecks!

 Here is my thumb, with a bar of soap that's Let Me Go layered over white to make it show up, and lettering in Under 18. I did the letters with my teeny dotter, but I'm not too swift at tiny details, so it looks like it's dissolving along with the bar of soap in the water!

Here's the whole look. My ducky's bill is a little wonky because I tried it with Cloud 9 and just a touch of Under 18 mixed together, but it was too sheer, so I mixed in a tad bit of white and didn't realize I wasn't covering the original bill completely with the new shade. Like I said, not too swift at tiny details. Still, it's recognizable.

 Little bit closer shot of the duck. Notice how impossible it was for me to capture the glass flecks of Cinderella in full sun. I could see them just fine, but they wouldn't translate...





No comments:

Post a Comment