Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Different View of the Galaxy

I've already done galaxy nails twice, once before I started the blog and for my 2nd post. I was tempted to skip it for Day 19, but then I got to thinking. Surely, I thought, there has to be some other take on galaxy nails besides the black base color, sponging, and glitter. I was also ready for a palette cleanser of sorts, i.e. I didn't use any glitter for this look, so my nails felt silky smooth for the first time in a few weeks.

I decided on a different view of the galaxy, one from here on Earth! Each of my nails is painted with a different shade of blue to represent the sky at different times of the day. I won't bother to list the various polishes or stamp plate #s for this one, 'cuz I'm being lazy.  Here's the flash:

...and sunlight.

 My pinky is a blue sky with the sun's rays.

Ring finger: overcast/cloudy

 My middle finger represents the first few stars to show up at sunset.

Index: the sky is a much deeper blue, with a beautiful crescent moon and stars.

 And last, my thumb was a much deeper navy in RL, with planets, stars, and comets all showing clearly.

Although the stamping didn't take the level of effort that a typical galaxy mani might, I was proud to come up with something "outside the box" that, IMO, fits the bill for a galaxy theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment