Friday, January 4, 2013

Lucky Dragon

My sweet hubby sweetly sold the reading/back support pillow he'd gotten for my bday and let me use the money for indies instead! I had to find a way to make $20.50 stretch as far as possible. I found SillyLilyPolish on Etsy. She had some really great glitter mix polishes with fun names, her mini bottles were just $3, her shipping was great, and she had a deal running for a mystery surprise if you ordered $15+! I got 6 polishes plus my bonus surprise polish for exactly $20.50. Winning!


For Day 17: Glitter, I used Sinful Colors Slate and then topped it with a sponged gradient of Slate and SC Rise and Shine, a beautiful kelly-green-with-a-hint-of-blue matte shimmer. On top of that I used one coat of SillyLilyPolish Lucky Dragon. Lily's polishes are so glitter-loaded, and what I can see through the bottle never gives me a true picture; there's always at least one fun surprise: an unexpected color, an unusual shape, a holo I thought was just one color...  I'm picky about my glitter placement, so I did fish quite a few of the larger pieces off the brush with my smallest dotter and place them strategically. That's just the way I am. I don't do random very well. I didn't manage to find very many of the medium purple hexes, so they're kind of a bonus on a few of my nails.

I haven't been very lucky with my flash shots lately. I probably need to build a lightbox or something. Blah. I don't really care enough to do it, since these are just for my personal enjoyment.

natural light, shade-ish

sunlight

flash, w/ some stupid shadow—argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment