Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Tribe of Ugly Sweater Wearers Descends into Anarchistic Social Suicide

There was no way in HADES I felt up to attempting freehand art for Day 16: Tribal Nails! I flipped through my stamp plates, and although this image from BM-315 makes me think of Christmas sweaters, I thought maybe in the right color combo it would look more tribal. First hitch: my desired combo was red and yellow, b/c I wanted to use Under 18 as my base color. But none of my yellows stamp vividly over dark colors. So I went with white, imagining the Tribe of Ugly Sweater Wearers.  Second hitch: I could not get this image to stamp cleanly for the life of me! I thought maybe some black dots would 1) make it look a little more tribal and 2) cover some of the ickiness. Meh. I was so irritated by the stamping that I figured I'd throw DIFFERENT Dimension Social Suicide on two nails as accents, thus avoiding more stamping. Which is when I realized that, while SS is wonderful, combined with this intricate stamp image, it just looks like my nails are a visual aid for the (imaginary) morality tale called...The Tribe of Ugly Sweater Wearers Descends into Anarchistic Social Suicide!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment