Saturday, January 5, 2013

Half-Moon Mani? Yes, Please!

I've seen plenty of well-executed half-moon nail art/manicures, but I was never really that excited about the look. Until I did this mani for Day 18! I had almost complete coverage with one coat of Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter, which was surprising for such a light colored creme, and I knew any tiny bald spots would be hidden by my glitter topper. I used paper reinforcements as my guide/masking tool and applied one coat of NYC Prince Street (that I got in a combo pack with Flat Iron Green at the $ storethat's 50 cent nail polish, people!) and removed each reinforcement as soon as I coated each nail with purple shimmery goodness.  When that was dry, I coated the whole thing with SillyLily FAB3. I didn't even know those beautiful turquoise diamonds were in there until one showed up on my nail! It took one coat of Gelous and two coats of NYC Grand Central Station to smooth things enough so that the diamonds didn't snag on clothes, etc., but I can live with that!

flash
 
indirect natural light

sunlight

Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment