Monday, December 3, 2012

My future pallet furniture

I do love a good pallet! I've already used a few to create a shoe rack and coat/beach towel rack for the sunroom/dining room/schoolroom/mudroom. (I know, right? Who wants to eat in their mudroom? Life in a 67-year-old house...

So, I have a white oak table, 3' x 5', that my sweet hubby bought about 12 years ago. Our family was growing, and we needed to graduate from our little round table that seated just four. It was beautiful, but now it's scratched, stained with paint and markers, and getting a little crowded for our family of six, not to mention trying to squeeze guests in. I saw this pallet table on homedit.com on Pinterest and an idea began to grow:

I'm going to attach the three pallets from the pic at the top of this post to a piece of MDF I found up at the workshop and six Vika Adils legs (black, b/c they were out of silver ) from IKEA, and end up with a table that's a foot longer than my old one, has storage for some of the kids' school books, art supplies, etc. under the tabletop, and has a coolness/industrial chic/upcycling factor of about a zillion! Will post pics when it's finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment