Friday, December 7, 2012

Puppies for Christmas!

Four years ago, my sweet hubby got the kids and I two blue merle Australian cattle dog pups for Christmas. Here are my babies today:
 my baby boy Pizwat (peas what?)
 my sweet girl Po (as in "po-faced") (grainy phone pic)
Such a good big brother! (another low-quality pic—thank you, Android)
For Day 13: Animal Print I decided to do an honorary mani for my pups! I coated three fingers with a red Sally Girl mini (812084) and two with Orly Decades of Dysfunction (3 coats before I got rid of all the bald spots). I used Sinful Colors San Francisco to freehand ribbon bows on my thumbs, and a coat of Different Dimension Social Suicide (my first indie polish EVAH!) on my ring and pinky fingers to represent Pizwat and Po's black and white mottled coloring. On my index and middle fingers I stamped with China Glaze Mahogany Magic and BM-306, carefully removing the hydrant in the middle of the design with cotton swab dipped in acetone. Into that blank space I stamped the pup-dog face from Mash-27 and Konad Special Black. Ever since I got Decades of Dysfunction, it's reminded me of the color of carpeting that people without kids have, and the brown bones and paw prints (there's my "animal print", btw) are the mess my pups leave behind them:
flash

outdoor (overcast)

 indoor, no flash
(You can actually see Pizwat's blurry front paws in the background at the top of this pic.)

polishes used (oops, forgot to turn San Francisco around the right way)
I have to say, I'm pretty stinkin' pleased with this one. Not that it would have taken much, after the "wrapping paper nails" fiasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment